Gueldy was established in 1905 by Messrs. Lelaurin & Sergent. It was situated at 370 rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honore in Paris. Monsieur Sergent was also the founder of another concern which manufactured affordable perfumes and cosmetics. This brand was known as Sergy. The business was very successful & the Gueldy brand was highly regarded. In 1925 Gueldy attained the highest accolade possible, winning the gold medal at the 1925 Paris Exhibition. Naturally this fabulous scent and its associated products were sought-after all over the world.