Silversmith William Neale & Sons & The Birmingham Jewellery Quarter
The firm was established by William Neale in 1850 in Birmingham. His mark was entered at the Birmingham assay office in April 1862 and in the Chester assay office in September 1882. Later the firm was known as William Neale & Sons as a partnership of William Neale senior, William Neale junior & Arthur Neale. The partnership required new larger premises and so a purpose built premises was erected at 29 Warstone Lane, Birmingham (1896). In 1905 the firm became a limited company - William Neale & Sons Ltd. In 1910 they relocated to 34 Cox Street, St. Paul’s Square, Birmingham. In 1942 the firm was absorbed by Suckling Ltd.